This is one of my favorite products from Shelf Reliance. I use it in so many recipes. I put it in my chili, minestrone soup, pizza and spaghetti sauce. It's a great addition to your Home Store! Ingredients: Just Tomatoes
Minestrone Soup Recipe:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup of THRIVE FD Onions
- ½ cup THRIVE FD Celery
- ¼ cup of THRIVE Carrots
- ¼ cup of THRIVE Chicken Bouillon
- 5-6 cups water
- 1/2 cup THRIVE Tomato Powder
- 1/2 cup THRIVE Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup THRIVE Instant Red Beans
- 1 cup of THRIVE FD Green Beans
- ¼ cup THRIVE FD Spinach
- 1 cup THRIVE FD Zucchini
- 2 tablespoon Italian Season
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup seashell pasta
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- In a large stock pot, over medium-low heat, heat oil and sauté garlic for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add water, chicken bouillon, and tomato powder, then bring to boil, stir frequently. Reduce heat to low and add onion, celery, carrots, red beans, green beans, diced tomatoes, spinach leaves, zucchini, Italian season, basil, salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, the longer the better. Taste and adjust seasons, bouillon or tomato powder.
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook until tender. Drain water and set aside.
- Once pasta is cooked and soup is ready....place 2 tablespoons cooked pasta into individual serving bowls. Dish soup on top of pasta and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.